Uninstalling Exchange 2003 from Additional DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an old exchange 2003 installed on additional Domain Controller. We have already moved all the mailboxes to exchange 2007 server. Now we would like to uninstall exchange 2003 from Domain Controller.

Will Domain Controller have any problems when we try  to uninstall exchange 2003 ? 

http://www.arabitpro.com

Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:08 PM

Answers

• I have never seen any issues doing that.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Hi syed,

Thank you for your question.

If all services which are on Exchange 2003 have migrate to Exchange 2007 and run without any problems for a long time, we could uninstall Exchange 2003 from control pane.

If there are any issues after you uninstall Exchange 2003; welcome to our forum for help.

If there is a reminder there is previous Exchange in organization when you deploy Exchange 2013 in the future, we could navigate the follow path to delete Exchange 2003;

1. Run ADSIEDIT.msc in RUN;
    2. Navigate Configuration[domain.com]>service>Microsoft Exchange>domain>Administrative Groups>Exchange Administrative Group>Server;
    3. Then we find the previous Exchange server and delete it.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard,

Jim

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:21 AM

All replies

• I have never seen any issues doing that.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Hi syed,

Thank you for your question.

If all services which are on Exchange 2003 have migrate to Exchange 2007 and run without any problems for a long time, we could uninstall Exchange 2003 from control pane.

If there are any issues after you uninstall Exchange 2003; welcome to our forum for help.

If there is a reminder there is previous Exchange in organization when you deploy Exchange 2013 in the future, we could navigate the follow path to delete Exchange 2003;

1. Run ADSIEDIT.msc in RUN;
    2. Navigate Configuration[domain.com]>service>Microsoft Exchange>domain>Administrative Groups>Exchange Administrative Group>Server;
    3. Then we find the previous Exchange server and delete it.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard,

Jim

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:21 AM
  • Thanks I have uninstalled exchange 2003 from the Additional Domain Controller and have not face any issues.

http://www.arabitpro.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:33 AM