I need to reinstall Office 2013 on a replacement laptop. How do I do this? RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new laptop yesterday and installed Office 2013 onto it. The laptop has a hardware fault and may have to be replaced with another one. If I uninstall Office, will I be able to reinstall it on the replacement laptop? If so, how? If not, what should I do?
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hi

According to your description, I would like to confirm how you purchased office 2013?

If you purchased it with a product key card, you won’t be able to install office 2013 on another computer.

The Office Product Key Card can only be installed on one PC.

If you purchased it for a retail version, You may transfer the software to another PC.

If you transfer the software to another , this PC becomes the “licensed computer.” You must remove the software from the previous PC.

You’ll need to use telephone option in the Activation Wizard to contact the activation center after you transfer the software to another PC.

Meanwhile, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service to activate your Office 2013.

Contact Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-us/

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:01 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:20 AM