none
This device cannot start. sony optiarc dvd rw ad-7190 A ata device RRS feed

• Question

• hi i am having problems with this code 10 error and my drive or this device keeps on disappearing i have tried uninstalling it and when i go to reinstall it fails and it does say to contact my manufactured i am thinking of calling sony asking for help on how to install it on windows vista. and if it is a driver error when i go to update it is up to date with the latest drivers. i have also sent countless error reports and have gotten no help what's so all from Microsoft as it said in the error message when i checked it This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. sorry for my bad grammar

this is the error report

Product
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A ATA Device

Problem
    Could not load driver software

Date
    8/1/2009 4:10 PM

Status
    Report Sent

Description
    Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Architecture:    x86
    Hardware Id:    IDE\CdRomOptiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7190A_________________1.05____
    Setup class GUID:    {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    PnP problem code:    0000000A
    Driver name:    cdrom.sys
    Driver version:    6.0.6002.18005
    Driver date:    04-11-2009
    OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID:    1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    DMI5C16.tmp.log.xml
    LOG5CE2.tmp
    cdrom.inf

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID:    667081046
    i also flashed it with new firmware i don't know if i broke it by doing that i got the firmware from the sony website  i am also thinking of buying a new cd rom drive if i can't get this to work

status update my drive will pop up if i try to boot a cd up in the bios then boot up windows then it appears rofl i have no clue and its making me mad
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:26 PM