Server 2012 R2 - Error Occurred During during Storage Enumeration RRS feed

• Question

• SO I found the below error messages, this was only found as I was trying to create a new share and it would not let me proceed 

I have no clue where to start I found some forums using this powershell command in admin Update-StorageProviderCache –DiscoveryLevel Full but it failed to run also 

Sorry new to the server stuff so any help would be great

Further Errors found 

Exception: Caught exception Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimException: The specified class does not exist in the given namespace. 
       at Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.Internal.Operations.CimSyncEnumeratorBase`1.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Services.FSCimSession.PerformQuery(String cimNamespace, String queryString)
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Providers.WmiEnumerationTaskBase.QueryObjects(ICimSession session, String queryString)
       at Microsoft.FileServer.Management.Plugin.Providers.WmiStorageEnumerateTask.QueryObjects(ICimSession session, String queryString, String category, Exception& errorContext)

Also this warning found not sure if this is related Warning: Warning: QueryObjects time: 273 ms Server: YRK-SCCM-PRIME QueryString: select * from MSFT_SmbShare where ScopeName='*'

Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Fallout,

Try to reinstall file server role.

Also run sfc /scannow to see if there are any corrupted system files.

Besides, are there any other applications running?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Hello

Apologies for the delay, in the end I had to rebuild from scratch, i tried all suggestions however it did nothing to fix the problem. I did also a rebuild of os from the disk which did fix the file and storage issue I was having however screwed with all the SCCM components.

Thank you for all your help

• Marked as answer by Fallout Inkura Friday, October 14, 2016 11:54 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Fallout,

>> this was only found as I was trying to create a new share and it would not let me proceed 

How are you creating the share? Are you creating in File and Storage Service section in Server Manager? Or using DFS?

Which disk are you using?

Have you tried to restart the machine and try again?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 26, 2016 8:58 AM
  • I have rebooted the machine to no avail, I am using the server 2012 server manager shares function to creatae however the browse button was greyed out and even if I manually input a drive location it does not recognise.

It is very strange as the server bar that is functioning correctly with no issue, if you try to find the volumes by wmic command they are there but not with powershell

Monday, September 26, 2016 11:10 AM
  • Hi Fallout,

Try to reinstall file server role.

Also run sfc /scannow to see if there are any corrupted system files.

Besides, are there any other applications running?

Best Regards,

Leo

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Thanks for the advice, stuck on the next stage now. I think the underlining cause is stopping me uninstalling the File and Storage Service however it fails tried doing it via powershell this also fails

Is there anyway to do a repair the role?

SFC comes back with find back clusters but cannot fix is there some way of pointing it to server 2012 CD

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hi Fallout,

Do you mean you failed to uninstall file server feature?

Did you get any errors?

>>SFC comes back with find back clusters but cannot fix is there some way of pointing it to server 2012 CD

Boot from installation CD, and choose Repair Your Computer.

Best Regards,

Leo

Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi Fallout,

Are there any updates on the issue?

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.

Best Regards,

Leo

• Marked as answer by Fallout Inkura Friday, October 14, 2016 11:53 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Fallout Inkura Friday, October 14, 2016 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Hello

Apologies for the delay, in the end I had to rebuild from scratch, i tried all suggestions however it did nothing to fix the problem. I did also a rebuild of os from the disk which did fix the file and storage issue I was having however screwed with all the SCCM components.

Thank you for all your help

• Marked as answer by Fallout Inkura Friday, October 14, 2016 11:54 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:54 AM