none
Can you refresh an Excel workbook in a SharePoint Doclib without having to open it in Excel Online

Question

• Hi

I want to be able to refresh the Excel ODATA Feed data connection without having to open the Excel workbook in Excel Online.  I have set the refresh rate to 2 mins, which works while I have the file open in Excel Online or Excel

I have created a SharePoint Page and displaying the Excel file as a Dashboard type UI experience, so users have the ability to view the data without having to open the file, however it is not refreshing the data when I open the page.

Any Ideas

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Payze

Andrew Payze

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

How did you display the Excel file as a Dashboard type UI experience? Did you use Excel Web Access web part?

If yes, I recommend to select Periodically Refresh if Enabled in Workbook in the Excel Web Access web part properties.

Best Regards,

Victoria  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

How did you display the Excel file as a Dashboard type UI experience? Did you use Excel Web Access web part?

If yes, I recommend to select Periodically Refresh if Enabled in Workbook in the Excel Web Access web part properties.

Best Regards,

Victoria  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:21 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thank you, this is the answer I was looking for

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Payze

Friday, March 31, 2017 11:25 AM