none
Report Visuals go blank in the Power BI Service UI (SPO, Power BI)

Question

• Hello all, I have a seven page report that was working and had data refresh enabled, management loved it. Now for no obvious reason the visuals are losing data? sometimes all at once or 1 page at a time or one visual at a time. Below is my design

Data Source- SPO list (1300 rows)

.pbix file stored on OneDrive

Connected to the .pbix from Power BI Service

There are no errors, data refresh shows successful and it works fine in the Power BI desktop.

Thanks for any help, can't find anything on MS PBI Community

Rix

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Rix,

Since this isn't a data connection issue, your best bet would be to escalate through customer support (which it sounds like you're already doing), or posting this on the Power BI Community site.

Let me know if you encounter any roadblocks to getting help.

Ehren

Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:41 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Is this only a visual issue? is the data still in the data model? can you spot what data is missing? is there a pattern on the data that is missing?

If you can't see the data on the Data Model: could you share your full query M code to see how you constructed that query and see what the call to the SharePoint Online List might look like?

If this is a visual issue (some sort of glitch), I'd highly recommend that you create a ticket on the Power BI admin portal so you can notify the Power BI team of this glitch or bug.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:37 AM
  • Hello, thanks, it's definitely not a data connection issue, the report works as expected in PBI desktop. The problems are in the PBI service UI, the report might work for a day or a minute or any amount of time. Eventually the visuals go blank, when paging through the report on a SharePoint page (script editor web part) the visuals flash with data then go blank, at that point the report in PBI service is blank.

However, data refresh continues to run successfully

Management is getting in touch with MS

Thanks again

Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Hi Rix,

Since this isn't a data connection issue, your best bet would be to escalate through customer support (which it sounds like you're already doing), or posting this on the Power BI Community site.

Let me know if you encounter any roadblocks to getting help.

Ehren

Thursday, September 13, 2018 5:41 PM
    Owner