ProClarity slicer dropdown width problem RRS feed

• Question

• Users on PDP 6.3 with hotfix 2214 (also tested 2215 & 2216). Dell notebooks, Latitude 5XX series.

Some users have external 19-inch monitors connected to their notebooks. To make the most of their screen real estate they have increased the size of the desktop (1280X1024 or larger). Fonts get smaller as desktop size increases, so they have also increased the font size (dpi) using the default options available under the display's advanced config section.

This is where the problem is experienced.

The width of the slicers in PDP does not appear to dynamically adjust as the font size (dpi) is increased. This results in the right-most characters of the items in the slicer being cropped off for the larger fonts.

Have tried a variety of resolution and font size combinations, but to no avail. At higher resolutions, when all the characters in the slicer are visible, the font is too small for some users.

Any ideas? TIA, Charles.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Charles, thanks for posting your inquiry.  I tested this out and was unable to get the grid or slicer font size to increase using the Windows display advanced settings.  I could however increase the grid font size by editing the grid properties but I didn't find a way to increase the size of the text in the slicer box.  If you, however, increase the size of the scrollbar via 'display property advanced settings' that will make the Slicer button overlap the text in the slicer, and I think that may be the issue you're seeing.  I'm not aware of a way to increase the font size of the slicer out of the box, but it's probably possible via the ProClarity SDK.

hth,

Sean

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:16 PM