none
MS Store for Business download issue

Question

• I'm trying to download SonicWALL Mobile Connect from the Microsoft Store for Business so I can deploy it with MDT. When I click the download link right after the architecture and metadata drop downs or the download link below the package identity name, it downloads this file: SonicWALL.MobileConnect_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_en-us.json that is only 13KB. It wouldn't let me attach a screenshot to clearly show what I'm clicking on.

How do I download the appx file?

I've tried using Google Chrome and Edge to download it.

I can successfully download the license and required frameworks.

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When downloading apps from the Windows Store for Business for offline deployment you will need download the app package itself, the license file, and any required dependencies.

In your case you are attempting to download SonicWALL Mobile Connect. 

In general, on the download page there are three sections:

Download the package for offline use,

Get app license,

Required frameworks.

Use the Download button under "Download the package for offline use" to download the app package.  In this case that should be Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.15.3072.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle(or something similar)

Note that the details above the Download button will detail the package name, and type.

Next, under "Get app license", select Unencoded license, then click Generate license. This will trigger a download for a .XML file.  This is the required license file.

Last, under "Required framework", click the download button for each dependency listed.

NOTE: For each dependency listed the file name will be displayed, but when you click download the file name provided is a GUID with no extension.  Rename the downloaded file to match the file name displayed with a .appx extension.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:40 AM
  • When I use the Download button under "Download the package for offline use" to download the app, I get this file, "SonicWall.MobileConnect_e5kpm93dbe93j_en-us.json" which is 12.6KB. In that download section, it says the file should be 2287980 bytes. Why am I getting the json file instead of a appx bundle? I tried a different app and received the same thing.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Hello,

You are not alone, I am getting the same issue eric.franklin. I suspect there is an issue with the store. The fact that it's been a week is not encouraging.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:04 PM