none
Show Column Data For List WikiPages Library RRS feed

• Question

• How do I display column name with the data on wikipages, for example if i create a new column in the list libraries and want to display the column name and the data.

I created these column: For example if i want to display colum1 data on the page in that library, how can i do this?

Page:

Monday, July 15, 2019 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you use SharePoint onpremise? You can refer below link if so.

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/6097/how-do-i-add-custom-fields-to-a-wiki-page

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

In SharePoint 2010, we can adding ListFieldIterator control to the wiki page template (wkpstd.aspx) to achieve it.

The following blog for your reference.

Adding custom fields to Wiki pages

https://leonidius2010.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/adding-custom-fields-to-wiki-pages/

And check similar thread below.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7fc53852-afa9-46b4-9e29-8f8726b8a6d9/add-custom-field-to-wiki-page-in-edit-mode?forum=sharepointcustomization

In SharePoint Online, we can't access SharePoint server, as a workaround, we can use REST API to get the field data and using JavaScript code to show the data in the wiki page.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:25 AM
  • Hi Everyone, I want to show that column with its data all time not when page in edit mode only. So I have a library with wikipages, is there a setting that can used to show this or a code that we can inject in all of the wikipages in that library?
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:36 PM
  • Hi, 

Try to use EmbeddedFormField to display your custom field value(backup wkpstd.aspx[path:\TEMPLATE\DocumentTemplates] and insert your custom code).

Sample demo:

<SharePoint:EmbeddedFormField id="WikiFieldA" FieldName="CustomFieldA" ControlMode="Display" runat="server"/>

Result:

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Monday, July 22, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hello I am still stuck trying to figure this out. I still need help

nk

Monday, July 22, 2019 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to get data using REST API(listdata.svc in SharePoint 2010) to get custom column data, then show the data in the page using jQuery and HTML code.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:00 AM