Even I am a site collection admin, page permissions option is grade out for me RRS feed

• Question

• Even I am a site collection admin, page permissions option is grade out for me

What could be the reason

• Edited by SravanC Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:45 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:43 AM

Answers

• Hi SravanC,

It’s a team site template.

By default, we are not able to edit page permissions in default.aspx page for all SharePoint sites, all the users who have at least Design permission can edit this page.

Besides, when we want to edit page permissions for the subsite home page, we can activate “Wiki page home page” feature via site settings->manage site features. Then when we access the subsite’s home page will be “Home.aspx” instead of “default.aspx”, and we can edit page permissions.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SravanC Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:01 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi SravanC,

Go to Pages library->library settings->Permission for this document library, check if you have unique permission settings for this library or certain pages.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thanks for the inputs.

It is not associated with any library. It is a separate page 

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Hi Sravanc,

From the screenshot, it might be a sub-site not a page in SharePoint.

What’s the kind of site template for the DMOSS src site?

Per my test, I create a meeting workspace in the root site and I can reproduce your issue. It seems that we cannot edit the permission b y default.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Yes it is subsite. Not a page.

How to find out what kind of template it is. I attached screenshot below of that site 

Yes, I have tested now creating meeting work space sub site and did not find that page permissions option enabled.

What could be the reason. And how to make it enable 

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

Try to use the PowerShell command below to check the site template:

$SiteCollections = Get-SPWebApplication "http://sp10" | Get-SPSite -Limit All
     foreach($Site in $SiteCollections)
        {
           foreach($Web in $Site.AllWebs)
           {
    	 Write-Host $web.title ": " $web.URL "  Tmplate: " $web.WebTemplate
          }
            Write-Host ""
          }

Reference: Site Template ID List for PowerShell

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:42 AM
  • Hi Wang,

I got the site template as below. please refer

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

It’s a team site template.

By default, we are not able to edit page permissions in default.aspx page for all SharePoint sites, all the users who have at least Design permission can edit this page.

Besides, when we want to edit page permissions for the subsite home page, we can activate “Wiki page home page” feature via site settings->manage site features. Then when we access the subsite’s home page will be “Home.aspx” instead of “default.aspx”, and we can edit page permissions.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

• Marked as answer by SravanC Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:01 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Thank you for the inputs. After giving him designed permissions it worked 

My another question related to access. one user who has full control are getting access denied error when he clicks on information management policy settings from list settings. He is able to access other setting from list settings. only when he clicks on below highlighted option getting access denied message

And other users who are part of same group and have full control access they are able to access. 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

I’m glad the post helps you.

And I would suggest you open up a new thread for the new question. And others will focus on your new issue and give their suggestions.

This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi Wang,

I posted it now with new thread. Please have a look. 

Thank you 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:41 AM