none
Project Server 2013 - Inactivating Users - Active Directory in Use RRS feed

• Question

• We use Active Directory to validate Resources. The problem we are running into is that when someone leaves, their account is shut off immediately in Active Directory. We do not have the feature turned on to automatically remove users from Project Server upon Active Directory termination because that would add issues in other areas.

The problem I'm experiencing is that when the Resource's AD account is deactivated, I can no longer go in and change that Resource from Active to Inactive.

Can you recommend a way that we could get these Resources inactivated without using AD? We need the old ones cleaned up and a process to go forward. My Enterprise Resource Pool is getting very large and we need to do this "housekeeping". It is just very messy the way it is...

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Monday, November 16, 2015 10:22 PM

Answers

• No that I'm aware,not.

Please mark this reply as an answer if this was valuable for you.

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

• Marked as answer by smokief Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:21 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 4:46 PM

All replies

• Try this

Go to Server Settings--> Manage users  in the search box put the name of the user and from same screen, click the checkbox and click Deactivate users. This would work if you are using Project Server permission Mode. 

Else you can always do the Active Directory pool synchronization for updated resources to be in sync with PS. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985.aspx

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:26 AM
  • You can always make this automatic by the use of PSI

If you think this was valuable please mark my reply as a valid answer. Thanks. Kind Regards, João Frederico Neto --

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:51 AM
  • I already tried to use the Inactivate box in Manage Users. I cannot save the change as the user name in Active Directory is no longer valid. We don't want to have Active Directory update Project Server because we would not be aware of when people leave and we would have a lot of inactive users assigned to projects, getting the warning message upon opening the projects. I normally try to clean up a user's tasks before inactivating them.

Is there any other way to inactivate users?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:07 PM
  • No that I'm aware,not.

Please mark this reply as an answer if this was valuable for you.

• Marked as answer by smokief Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:21 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 4:46 PM