Voicemail not working - after removing and adding Dialplan RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2013

Lync 2013

I had a UM dial plan configured and it was working properly.   I removed that plan and added a new one.  The new one does not work.

When ever you leave a Voice-mail for a user, they never get it.  If the user logs in, they still have access to old voice-mails that were left before the UM dial plan was deleted and a new one created.

My assumption is that when you activate the user for UM, it is attaching back to the existing information, instead of using the new dial plan.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to stop this?   

Is there a way I can just purge all UM information and start over?

Thanks,

Rogan

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:23 PM

All replies

• Did you run ExchUCUtil.ps1 on the UM server and OCSUMUtil.exe on the Lync server after adding the new UM Dial Plan?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:50 AM
  • I did, as far as I can tell the new dial plan is working.

Currently, only I am enabled for UM in the environment.  If you call my extension, you are able to leave a VM.  I never get a missed call notification or the Voicemail.  If I manually log into my Voicemail, I have no new voicemail and only old ones that were left before this new UM plan was created.

I did remove UM from my account and re-add it with the new one, that did not solve the problem.  

Where are the VM that are being left now going, if not into my mailbox.

Does deleting a UM remove any associated voicemails?  Should it?

Do you know if there is a way for me to reset my mailbox, to fully remove the UM capabilities and then start over?

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:05 AM