none
Unexpected shutdown/restart of Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• My computer experienced several unexpected shutdowns during last year, which finally led teh situation when Windows was unable to start "because the registry could not be uploaded." I was able to run my computer again only after complete disk restore, which led to losing much information.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists and the computer shut down unexpectedly again already 2 times after restore. I have a Norton antivirus program and no viruses were found.

The error signature is:

BCCode: 1000000a; BCP1: 00000004; BCP2: 00000002; BCP3: 00000001; BCP4: 804DC353; OSVer: 5_1_2600; SP: 2_0; Product: 768_1.

Any idea what can be a reason and how to resolve this problem?

This is a desctop emachines D2880.

Thanks

Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:22 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Before we go any further, I would like to know whether this issue is related to the installation of SteadyState.

This appears to be a general Windows XP issue. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Some suggestions for your reference:

1. Enter Safe Mode to scan for virus.

----------------------

a. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.

b. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

2. Install the latest drivers.

3. Temporarily unplug unnecessary device to test.

Best Regards,

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:23 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Before we go any further, I would like to know whether this issue is related to the installation of SteadyState.

This appears to be a general Windows XP issue. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Some suggestions for your reference:

1. Enter Safe Mode to scan for virus.

----------------------

a. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.

b. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

2. Install the latest drivers.

3. Temporarily unplug unnecessary device to test.

Best Regards,

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:23 AM
  • I keep running into this one creating the dreaded blue screen..or frequent hangs..

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 f0f59313, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80520a94.

This is on my Sany VAIO Windows XP Professional SP3.

Thanks for any help!

Uday
    Monday, November 10, 2008 8:27 PM