none
Workflow showing error when i click to start “Something went wrong. To try again, reload the page and then start the workflow” RRS feed

• Question

• When i click to start the workflow, it shows alert "Something went wrong. To try again, reload the page and then start the workflow" after that nothing happen..

It's happen only for my old workflows when i create new workflow it works.

I tried -restart service bus message broker -restart service bus gateway -recycle workflowMgntpool -flushed the dsn resolver cache -restart WorkflowServiceBackend

and the problem still occur

• Edited by sriaug Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi sriaug,

You can troubleshoot your issue as following:

1. Republish the workflow and check again.

2. Run the PowerShell command

Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite "SiteURL" -WorkflowHostUri 'WorkflowHostURI'  -Force

To get the WorkflowHostURI, you can run the PowerShell command:

$site = (Get-SPWebapplication -IncludeCentralAdministration | ?{$_.IsAdministrationWebApplication}).Sites[0]
    $wfmProxy = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | ?{$_.TypeName -eq "Workflow Service Application Proxy"}
    $wfmProxy.GetWorkflowServiceAddress($site)

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by sriaug Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:18 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hope the below helps

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/48079.sharepoint-2013-something-went-wrong-to-try-again-reload-the-page-and-then-start-the-workflow.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/ea8eda1c-4fb7-4e39-95e6-d37f6ef4ccf5/something-went-wrong-to-try-again-reload-the-page-and-then-start-the-workflow-error-on-starting-a?forum=sharepointadmin

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/23e1a059-f57e-43df-85a5-d73afe7dc83f/something-went-wrong-to-try-again-reload-the-page-and-then-start-the-workflow?forum=sharepointcustomization

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:53 PM
  • Hi sriaug,

You can troubleshoot your issue as following:

1. Republish the workflow and check again.

2. Run the PowerShell command

Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite "SiteURL" -WorkflowHostUri 'WorkflowHostURI'  -Force

To get the WorkflowHostURI, you can run the PowerShell command:

$site = (Get-SPWebapplication -IncludeCentralAdministration | ?{$_.IsAdministrationWebApplication}).Sites[0]
    $wfmProxy = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | ?{$_.TypeName -eq "Workflow Service Application Proxy"}
    $wfmProxy.GetWorkflowServiceAddress($site)

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by sriaug Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:18 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:30 AM