Locked down distribution list and BATV RRS feed

• Question

• Contacts  can’t send to a  secured list from an email environment where BATV is used.  Any workaround in Exchange 2007/2010?

Thanks a lot:

Judit

Monday, October 10, 2011 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi JuditBM,

What do you mean the "Contacts can’t send to a secured list from an email environment where BATV is used."?
    What is the environment do you referred?
    For exchange 2010, we could create mail user for the purpose.
    Some information for you:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124381.aspx
    If I misunderstand your issue, please tell me.

Regards!
    Gavin

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Gavin, thank you for your reply. 

A distribution list in Exchange 2007 contains users and contacts.  The distribution list is secured: The "Accept messages from" option is selected and the distribution list itself added to the "Only senders in the following list" window.  Contacts from an environment where BATV is used can't send to the distribution list, even if they are member of the group.

Judit

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:12 PM
  • Hi JuditBM,

In the TAB of Mail Flow Setting, and then set the Message Delivery Restrictions.
    Uncheck the "Require that all senders are authenticated"
    And then make some tests.

Regards!
    Gavin

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttngfb@microsoft.com
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

It is unchecked, otherwise no contacts could send to the group.  We have issues only contacts with BATV.  BATV replaces an envelope sender like mailbox@example.com with prvs=tag-value=mailbox@example.com, where prvs, called "Simple Private Signature".  Exchange can't match this  email address with the contact's email address, so refuse the delivery.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Hi JuditBM,

Sorry not familiar with BATV, I will do more research and update it here.

Regards!
    Gavin

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Srinivasan K S Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Srinivasan K S Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:48 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:03 AM
  • Hi

I suspec that transport server could not validate that contact object based on Email address received. I would suggest you to test email flow by submitting email direclty to pickup folder / using Telnet command intenaly on HUB server (with correct SMPT address stamped on contact ) to makesure email deliver to distribution group or not ?

If that works fine, it confirms that HUB server could validate the sender address correctly and delivery email successfully received from anonymous sender address.

Pls post your update once you are done with above testing.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:53 AM