none
classify the emails by the senders name

Question

• HI,

I can  remove the emails by a sender's name to a specific folder using the rule.  And every time I can only move one sender's emails to the folder which is named as the senders name . I need to classify the emails by the senders name, so I have to move them one by one? 

Can it be achieved automatically?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• HI,

I can  remove the emails by a sender's name to a specific folder using the rule.  And every time I can only move one sender's emails to the folder which is named as the senders name . I need to classify the emails by the senders name, so I have to move them one by one? 

Can it be achieved automatically?

Thanks

Hi, could you provide more details about your request so that we can understand it more clearly? 

May I know what rule did you created to move emails? Generally, Outlook rules will automatically run and move emails to the corresponding folders according to the rule conditions and actions.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:10 AM
  • hi,Steve

Thank you for your reply

For example: move all emails from sender "A" to a folder named as "A"

I can do it like this :
    1. create a new folder named as "A",

2. Go to inbox to find a mail sended from "A" , right click it -->rules--> Always Move Messages From

3.Click the folder "A", and then click OK

But my question is that I have a lot of different senders. For example:  A,B,C,D...

I need to do the things like below:

1. move all emails from A to --------------A folder named as "A"

2.move all emails from B to --------------A folder named as "B"

3.move all emails from C to --------------A folder named as "C"

So I need to  repeat the steps one by one?  Is there any other way to do that quickly?

thanks

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Thank you for the update. I'm afraid you have to repeat the steps one by one, or you can go to Home tab > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, create a rule and they copy the created rule, after that, modify the copied rules to achieve the goal.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 2:57 AM