none
Mail Stuck in Queue on Exchange 2007 when sending to 2013 Mailbox

Question

• Hello Everyone,

Troubleshooting an issue that has come up due to our hybrid environment and calendar sharing issues.  We have an old Exchange 2007 server that hosts all our clients mailboxes.  We created an Exchange 2013 server in order to create a hybrid environment and start migrating users to O365.  We found in testing that users still on premise in 2007 cannot share calendars with full details to O365 users which is important for them.  We are now in the process of migrating a test users down from O365 to the Exchange 2013 which supposedly has the ability to share calendars (correct me if I'm wrong here).  

Issue now is that when the user migrates down from O365 they are now an exchange 2013 mailbox and my Exchange 2007 server is not sending messages intended for the 2013 mailbox to the Exchange 2013 server, all the messages end up  in Hub Version 15 queue.

Here is my receive connectors on the Exchange 2013 server:

I'm not sure what I'm missing but some advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Mike

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:15 PM

Answers

• I had to remove the default address scope of 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 from the receive connector so that only my Exchange server IP was listed and it worked.  

Thanks for the reply!

• Marked as answer by mTooki Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM
    • Edited by mTooki Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Does the senders receive NDR message? if yes, please post out in detail.

Run the command: get-queue | fl to check if any error messages in the outputs. (Lasterror)

We also need to make sure the transport and submission services are running correctly and the server components' states are active via the command: get-servercomponentstate

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Hi! thanks for the reply.  

This is the error I'm receiving:

"Last error information: 451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421 4.2.1 Unable to connect." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts."

I have restarted the transport service and submission services with no luck.  

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:48 PM
  • I had to remove the default address scope of 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 from the receive connector so that only my Exchange server IP was listed and it worked.  

Thanks for the reply!

• Marked as answer by mTooki Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM
    • Edited by mTooki Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:08 PM