How verify hive file? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I create my own application. I use offreg.dll and I try save hive file. I have already tested my application with 2 different hive files. For one of them it works perfect (so I suppose my code does not contains mistakes and it works correctly), but for another hive file I received Access Violation. I have analyzed dump and I received next call stack: 

offreg!ORSerializeHive+49c
    offreg!ORSaveHive+eb
    clr!DoNDirectCall__PatchGetThreadCall+7b
    0x000007ff`00140b52
    0x000007ff`00140485
    0x000007ff`00140169
    clr!CallDescrWorker+84
    clr!CallDescrWorkerWithHandler+a9
    clr!MethodDesc::CallDescr+2a1
    clr!ClassLoader::RunMain+228

As I understand something wrong with hive file. I have opened hive file with RawReg tool and It opened successfully, so how I can check this hive file and fix this problem?

I will be appreciated for any advice how solve the problem or investigate it.

• Changed type Nicholas Li Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:36 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 8:00 AM

All replies

• I have realized what's wrong. I have already installed Adobe CoreFusion and the application has created more than 200 000 keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\Clients in the registry. And There is a bug in ORSaveHive method because this method can't work with so big amount of subkeys.

But still I have no idea how fix the problem. Maybe someone know any other dll which I can use instead of offreg.dll or any other ways how fix the problem.

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

As the issue is about application development, I would like to suggest you visit the MSDN forum for help:

Microsoft Developer Network Forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:08 AM