none
Attach DPM Clients and assign to PG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I would like to run a script on our notebooks to install the DPM agent, attach it to our server, and automatically assign it to the appropriate protection group, without going to the server management console. Is that possible?

Thanks

Philippe

• Moved by Praveen D [MSFT] Saturday, September 4, 2010 5:56 AM Moving to DPM Setup Forum (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can:

1. Install the agent via script, GP etc.

2. You are able to run a script via GPO that attatched the agent on the notebook (SetDpmServer.exe -dpmservername <dpmservername>)

3. You can't make a script that will in one flow that also will attach the agent on the DPM server, this i made best manually on your DPM server.

This is a two-way rocket.

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can:

1. Install the agent via script, GP etc.

2. You are able to run a script via GPO that attatched the agent on the notebook (SetDpmServer.exe -dpmservername <dpmservername>)

3. You can't make a script that will in one flow that also will attach the agent on the DPM server, this i made best manually on your DPM server.

This is a two-way rocket.

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:28 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:48 PM