Share calendar for forward events only RRS feed

• Question

• Folks - is it possible to share calendar from this day onwards but block out visibility to the past?

Thx
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is not possible.

We have the "E-mail Calendar" in Outlook, which will give you the ability to specify the Date Range for the calendar you want to send. However, it will not update automatically.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 27, 2017 6:32 AM
  • ok, will the default share, will they be able to view my private events too

thx

Monday, January 30, 2017 12:04 AM
  • will they be able to view my private events too

thx

When an appointment or meeting is marked as private, other people cannot see details of the item.

This includes people who have delegate access rights or other people who you have granted read permissions to your calendar.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 5:08 AM
  • I hope this helps to clear your doubts. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Folks - is it possible to share calendar from this day onwards but block out visibility to the past?

Thx

Hi,

As Ethan suggested it is not possible 

Hope the below info will help to understand better:-

1. The mailbox calendar by default has a user assigned to it. This user is known as "Default" user. This allows other users to see your free busy info (In case they do not have explicit permission on your calendar)

2. The default user should always have "Availability" access rights only. This will allow your colleagues to see only free busy of your calendar. In case you grant default user Editor rights then all of your colleagues would be able to modify it and make changes to ur calendar

3. When you grant someone explicit rights on a calendar (lets say Editor rights), they will be able to see past and future calendar items in your calendar. The moment you grant the permission is the moment they will be able to see every details of your calendar 

Hope above info clarifies and answers your query

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 9:07 AM