outlook 2003 unable to edit recurring events RRS feed

• Question

• all of a sudden, my ability to edit recurring events has stopped working in outlook 2003.

editing single events works. 

editing any recurring events (even newly added ones) produces only an error message.

(misleading error message about conflict with others also shows when trying to delete recurring messages.)

my fix:

increase temporary space allocated for forms via: tools/options/other/advanced/custom forms

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hey ssurloff

Can you tell me if the follow steps are the ones you are taking to change a recurring event ?

1. Open the appointment or meeting. If you open an item that is part of a recurring series, in the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click The entire series, and then click OK.

2. On the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, change the options you want.

3. To change recurrence options, on the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence. Change the options you want, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.

4. Click Save & Close. If the item is a meeting, click Send Update.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 29, 2016 9:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 2, 2016 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hey ssurloff

Can you tell me if the follow steps are the ones you are taking to change a recurring event ?

1. Open the appointment or meeting. If you open an item that is part of a recurring series, in the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click The entire series, and then click OK.

2. On the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, change the options you want.

3. To change recurrence options, on the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence. Change the options you want, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.

4. Click Save & Close. If the item is a meeting, click Send Update.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 29, 2016 9:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 2, 2016 8:57 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Hi ssurloff,

Please check if Chris's reply helps to your situation. Since Office 2003 is not supported by Microsoft now, I'd recommend you upgrade to newer version of Office to get better support and user experience.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:09 AM