Programming Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I would like to do a feature request not sure if I have the write place. 

Feature Request:

I am in school for programming, and would love it if they added a "prgramming mode" for ms word. So we can make notice and reference programming stuff and ms word not freaking out and auto correct everything when we are writing code examples. 

greenthingsjump. 

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:03 PM

All replies

• Well, you are posting this in an Outlook forum so that is definitely not the correct place for a Word feature request ;-)

You can make feature requests for Word on its official UserVoice page here;
    https://word.uservoice.com/forums/304924-word-for-windows-desktop-application

That said; You can already disable proofing on a per document basis via;
    Review-> Language-> Set Proofing Language...-> Do not check spelling or grammar

Another way to go would be to write you code is a code editor such as Visual Studio Code (free) and copy/paste your code from there to Word so it AutoCorrect won't affect it (and the benefit is that the code editor can verify your code syntax).

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:54 PM
  • Hi greenthingsjump,

Please refer to Roady’s reply to have a check. And could you please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps you? Your action would help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

About feature requests for Office applications, it’s recommended to feedback to Microsoft UseVoice forum. Or you could request new features via in-app feedback, such as in Word, please go to File > Feedback > I have a Suggestion. Thanks for your kind understanding.

If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:09 AM