none
[Teradata Database] [3807] Object 'DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSVX' does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

im facing this problem, when im input the Server Name in Teradata and i login my credentials

then when i select the table then error will be popup in power query

DataSource.Error: Teradata: [Teradata Database] [3807] Object 'DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSVX' does not exist.
    Details:
      Message=[Teradata...
      ErrorCode=-2147467259

please help me this problem.

thanks

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:34 AM

Answers

• Which version of Teradata are you using? Is it possible that your server is not enabled for Unicode?

I don't know much about Teradata, but I do know that the system tables come in four different flavors. In this case, there's DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTS, DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSV, DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSX and DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSVX. The versions without the "X" are global, showing information for all users. They require more permission than the versions with the "X" which only show the information for your particular user account. The versions with the "V" show information for the Unicode version, while the versions without the "V" show information associated with the Compatibility version.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:42 PM

All replies

• Which version of Teradata are you using? Is it possible that your server is not enabled for Unicode?

I don't know much about Teradata, but I do know that the system tables come in four different flavors. In this case, there's DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTS, DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSV, DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSX and DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSVX. The versions without the "X" are global, showing information for all users. They require more permission than the versions with the "X" which only show the information for your particular user account. The versions with the "V" show information for the Unicode version, while the versions without the "V" show information associated with the Compatibility version.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Teradata Version 13 we use
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:45 AM
  • what should i do ?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:25 AM
  • Can you use the "SQL Statement" functionality of the Teradata connection to run the following SQL?

select top 10 * from DBC.ALL_RI_PARENTSX

If you do not get an error, it will confirm that your server isn't setup for Unicode. We'd then need to fix Power Query to work with a non-Unicode Teradata server. I don't know when we'd be able to finish the work.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:45 AM