win 7 64 bit on a samung notebook RV520 cant change power option RRS feed

• Question

• can't change power options it says power plan information isn't available access denied so i dont know what to do as i cant put my laptop on hibernate of change what happens when i close the lid as this switches off my notebook which is a pain since i have to keep switching it back on please help me .
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:27 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi dee-in-uk,

Thanks for the post!

When did this issue happen?

Try enter into Safe Mode and go to the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options to check if you can change the settings.

Or use the powercfg command to change the power setting, refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748940(WS.10).aspx 

If you have backup, do a System Restore to a former time that you can change the power plans.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi dee-in-uk,

Thanks for the post!

When did this issue happen?

Try enter into Safe Mode and go to the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options to check if you can change the settings.

Or use the powercfg command to change the power setting, refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748940(WS.10).aspx 

If you have backup, do a System Restore to a former time that you can change the power plans.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Turn off the fast start. The fast start deisables all of the power settings so it can boot faster. Go tothe start menu, go to all programs, then down to samsung and in the samsung folder you will see another one with fast boot. open the fast boot, you will have an option of "on" or "off", tick the off and then click apply. then you can go to your power settings and change them if you wish to whatever you want.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:26 AM