RPC Server is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I have my own personal Windows 7 home computer, which has been backing up without problems.  All at once, I am now getting the Action Center error message "The RPC server is unavailable".  What will suddenly cause this problem to start occurring?
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:08 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

If this issue did not occur before, you could try system restore to get back to a previous time point which everything is OK.

If this issue persists, I would like to suggest you check if there any information in Event Viewer.

Meanwhile, where did you want to backup your files? Does this issue occur when you backup to another location?

In addition, you could try process monitor to troubleshoot this issue to see if you could find any clues:

Troubleshooting with Process Monitor

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, May 6, 2011 6:16 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please check if "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)"service is Started on the computer?

Thanks and Regards
    Scorpio_Milo

MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    MCITP: Server & Enterprise Administrator
    Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant
    Enterprise Service: Solution Architect
    Contact me
    My Blog
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:04 AM
  • I have a computer guy who repairs my machine and he walked me through the obvious things that might be wrong.  We checked that and it is started.  He tried everything he could think of, then suggested I try the Forum for someone with a similar problem.

Dean
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:37 PM
  •  

Hi,

If this issue did not occur before, you could try system restore to get back to a previous time point which everything is OK.

If this issue persists, I would like to suggest you check if there any information in Event Viewer.

Meanwhile, where did you want to backup your files? Does this issue occur when you backup to another location?

In addition, you could try process monitor to troubleshoot this issue to see if you could find any clues:

Troubleshooting with Process Monitor

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, May 6, 2011 6:16 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:07 AM