Office 2016 - 2013 compatability issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a client having an issue with a layout compatability issue between Office 2016 and 2013.

The one user has 2016 and the other 2013, when they share documents , namely Excel and Powerpoint docs, the one gets a completley differnet layout to the other. Now this doesn't happen to all the docs and hasn't happened for about two months now. The basic issue is that the layout of graphs, arrows or lines don't stay where they are supposed to when sent from the user with 2016 or 2013. I have opened the same docs on two other PC's running 2016 and 2013 and it works perfect, so the doc itself isn't corrupt or designed incorrectly, it just seems to be these two users and I can't find anything to connect the dots.

ANY  suggestions are welcome at this point, I even tried an hour on the phone with Microsoft who were of absolutly no help. Thanks in advance!

Below is a copy of the mail she sent me.

Hi Chad,

So Jacques and myself have been working on a few PowerPoint presentations – me doing the work and then him amending as needed – the problem is when he sends the presentations back to me and I edit ( directly from him ) then it either doesn’t edit correctly or after editing it is not saving correctly – just as an example we had an issue with arrows – I do them as asked and then they don’t look right on his side – now when printing I’m having huge issues with this for example please see the original view of an excel document and a print view – this is after he edited on his side ( so this is happening with Powerpoint and Excel. ) would him working on 2013 be the issue and myself working on the 2016 version

Thanks – we need to sort this out , as it looks like I’m not doing the work correctly when he gets it.

• Edited by Chad357 Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:47 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:43 PM

Answers