Two MDT with {WDS and DHCP samebox" in same Subnet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have MDT 2013 using for Windows 7 Deployment now i want to build new MDT 8450 for Windows 10 1803 i have a question.

My Installation will be include DHCP, WDS and MDT as One BOX for old MDT and new MDT

can i use Two WDS server in same Subnet ?

if the answer i can't then

who i can assign new server to use old WDS and DHCP from

Also is MDT 8450 Support Windows 7 Deployments

Dweik

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 1:57 PM

All replies

• 1. can i use Two WDS server in same Subnet? 

2. Also is MDT 8450 Support Windows 7 Deployments

1. Yes, you can and it is unsupported, but why would you do that?  You said you want to use one server for all aspects.  Just add the new boot image from the new MDT 8450 share to WDS and it will give you a menu to select boot images from.

2. Yes, MDT 8450 supports Windows 7, as well as Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

*** One caveat to using one server for an MDT 2013 share and an MDT 8450 share is that you can only have one version of the workbench installed on any given computer or server.  If you plan on administering both shares, you will need to have a network connection to one of the shares from a different computer where that corresponding version of MDT is installed.

LawsonT

• Proposed as answer by tonibert Monday, July 9, 2018 9:12 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2018 4:02 AM
  • Hello,

for point number one

i want to build New MDT for Windows 10 only and Keep old one for Windows 7

i thinking to create new isolates vLAN for Windows 10 deployment and keep old one

Dweik

Saturday, July 7, 2018 3:55 PM
  • Dweik,

You would just build a new MDT share using version 8450 on the current MDT server.  Once you do that, create your task sequences, add your image, add drivers, and applications, then you would create the boot image.  Load that boot image into WDS just like the Windows 7 boot image.  The next time you PXE, you will see 2 options to boot from.  Choose the appropriate one to boot to the Windows 10 build.

LawsonT

Monday, July 9, 2018 1:18 PM