none
Turn off resource details on hovering RRS feed

• Question

• hi, does anyone know if, and then how, I can turn off the resource details information that pop-up everytime my mouse hovers over a resource names in the Assign Resources window?

I guess this might be useful if I kept forgetting everything about my resources, but they are few and I'm really not desparate to see their e-mail address at this moment.

This is extremely frustrating as this hover-window keeps blocking my complete view of the resource assignments.

Valgardur Gudjonsson

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:50 PM

Answers

• Valgardur --

What you are seeing is a totally new feature in Microsoft Project 2013 called Lync integration.  Just between you and me (and everyone who reads this post as well), the new Lync integration feature is driving me NUTS!  Worse still, there is no way to turn off this feature.  Even if you do not have Lync installed on your computer, you will see the floating screentip every time you float your mouse pointer over a resource.  The reason you see the screentip is because you have an e-mail address entered for the resource.  If you remove the e-mail addresses for your team members, you will not see the screentips for them any more.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:11 PM

All replies

• Valgardur --

What you are seeing is a totally new feature in Microsoft Project 2013 called Lync integration.  Just between you and me (and everyone who reads this post as well), the new Lync integration feature is driving me NUTS!  Worse still, there is no way to turn off this feature.  Even if you do not have Lync installed on your computer, you will see the floating screentip every time you float your mouse pointer over a resource.  The reason you see the screentip is because you have an e-mail address entered for the resource.  If you remove the e-mail addresses for your team members, you will not see the screentips for them any more.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for a quick and honest reply..

The problem with omitting the e-mail information is that I need them for syncing to SharePoint.

Valgardur Gudjonsson

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:33 PM
  • Valgardur --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hi Dale,

I am also facing the same issue. If I remove the email address for the resource, I believe resource can't get any mail alerts. Is there any other options to resolve this? What are the issues will trigger when I remove email id from resources?

Thanks in advance!

Venkat

venkat

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:47 PM
  • Venkatrao G --

No, as far as I am aware, there is no other way around this issue.  Sorry.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, April 6, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply.

Hoping for solution soon if any!

Thanks,

Venkat

venkat

Monday, April 6, 2015 3:21 PM