none
Where my Edge favorites did go?

Question

• After last Windows update Edge favorites were gone. They could not be found in any folder under c:\users\. Actual is “Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393”.

After the previous update I had to restart computer once or twice to get back all Edge add-ons and favorites. This time double restart did not recover favorites but during posting this question they suddenly appeared but not all of them. It is mix of some favorites I have had.

There is no wonder that MS is giving no warranties to its products. It is sells nothing and it warrants for nothing. Who else could dare this except SW houses?

I am programmer to. If I do my work at least similar to how MS did that last update I will be fired soon after such an event

Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Start>Settings>Updates and Security..... Check for updates.... keep going... your a couple of versions behind. Make sure that you restart your computer to install the full updates for your Windows 10/IE11/MS Edge software.

Check with your company system administrators or Help Desk that you are using an update version that is matches their network configurations for Windows 10 and Edge.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:32 PM
  • There is no Edge topic, so I have used the IE topic. I am using Answers as well but usually there is not possible to get the right answer. This is not this case. This question can be deleted.
    Friday, June 16, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue now?

Does the issue has been resolved?

For Microsoft Edge issue, we could post on Windows 10 forum.

Bests,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 9:12 AM