WSUS console reports 100% installed but there are still needed updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some issue on my WSUS server 2012 r2 where client showing 100% in the Installed/Not Applicable section but in the update view for the client machines I am still seeing some needed updates. Basically I'm trying to block the auto update on client update via WSUS but this is not working when client machine show 100% in the Installed/Not Applicable section.

I'm pushing the WSUS policy via GPO and it did not work.

I tested to configure the policy via client local policy and it works fine. Only those machine which was configure using GPO it will show 100% where as those manually configure on local policy works fine and it shows updates needed.

Anything could be configured wrong here.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Ding

Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi cw2020,

It's same to use local group policy or GPO to deploy AU policies for clients.

For the clients showing "Installed/Not applicable" with 100% while still showing needing updates, please check if they report to the WSUS server recently, also check if you approve the needed updates for clients to install.

On the WSUS server, also run Server Cleanup Wizard to clean WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 30, 2017 6:20 AM
  • Hi Anne,

I'm trying to use GPO as I have more than 400+ clients on my environment. So I don't want to change the local policy 1 by 1 for all those client.

Yes, all the clients showing "Installed/Not applicable" with 100% but still needing updates did report to WSUS and they reported recently as well.

I did not approve the needed updates for the client to install as I'm trying to block auto updates on the client.

I have run the Server Cleanup Wizard and the result still the same.

Could there be a possibility the Window 10 difference template in GPO could cause this issue as my environment we have window 10 with 3 difference version 1511, 1607 and 1703 and I'm using GPO with 1511 template.

Any idea what else could be the issue?

Thanks.

Ding

Monday, July 3, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Hi cw2020,

>Could there be a possibility the Window 10 difference template in GPO could cause this issue as my environment we have window 10 with 3 difference version 1511, 1607 and 1703 and I'm using GPO with 1511 template.

I don't think, GPO won't affect the client report behavior.

Besides, it's not recommended to disable automatic update.

What is the update that showing needed by clients, why do you not approve them for install?

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:44 AM