Cannot download Windows 7 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I live in the UK. I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3. I have been trying every hour or so, for the last 2 days to download the Windows 7 RC. After logging in to Windows Live using my .NET Passport I'm taken to the following page which I presume is the download link :- https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/wizard.aspx?wizid=9ae77f00-f3ab-4076-a365-8300676a7144&lcid=1033 . I get a circle of green flashing dots, (some kind of javascript??), but nothing further happens. I don't use an AV program, just Spybot. I've tried turning that off, but still no good. Is it just the volume of traffic or could it be something else?
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hi, usama

Further to my previous post, I've now downloaded it without any problem. As I said before, I think the problem was probably just the high level of demand on Microsoft's server. I seem to remember I had a similar problem with Windows 7 Beta. So, to anyone else out there, I'd say just be patient and keep trying!

- Madeleine
    • Proposed as answer by nesdave Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:17 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:08 PM

All replies

• I'd suspect that there's an issue with your browser not having everything that's needed to read the page (the link works for me).

2 things to try:
    - access the download page through the Win7 page here:  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx
    - try another browser to see if there's a problem with your browser
    - John
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:57 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your reply, John. I'm using IE6 (never did like IE7) with the latest updates. I don't usually have any problems with it. That's the only browser I have installed. What other browser would you suggest? I did start at the Windows 7 home page as you suggest. Are you in the US or the UK? I thought that might be the problem. Has anybody else in the UK had the same problem?

- Madeleine
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 11:17 AM
  • Hi, usama

Further to my previous post, I've now downloaded it without any problem. As I said before, I think the problem was probably just the high level of demand on Microsoft's server. I seem to remember I had a similar problem with Windows 7 Beta. So, to anyone else out there, I'd say just be patient and keep trying!

- Madeleine
    • Proposed as answer by nesdave Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Saturday, June 13, 2009 3:17 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:08 PM
  • HI,
    Although it is possible that this solution will work,why would it be that I can download 7 times the same .ISO within a 3-day period and always get a failure at the same point (99%)? I could understandif it stopped randomly, but this consistency doesn't match your logic.
    Still, for now, it is the best answer.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:34 PM