disconnecting from connector space RRS feed

• Question

• Using ILM 2007, we have two MA's that contribute to attributes in the Metaverse: the MAIN MA which brings in the bulk of the data from the Oracle database, and the LOCKOUT MA which is only used when we need to immediately terminate an employee.  We set the precedence in the Metaverse so that the status from the LOCKOUT MA will always override the status from the MAIN MA.

In testing scenarios, If I put an entry in the LOCKOUT MA which sets the employee status to "TERMINATE", my provisioning code properly does a move for this account in Active Directory to an inactive container.  But then I tested the case where the entry in LOCKOUT MA needs to be removed (employee is reactived) so that the status from the MAIN MA takes effect and the employee will get moved back to it's rightful container in Active Directory.

However, when I delete the entry and do a FULL Import/ Full Sync on LOCKOUT MA, the entry that was in the connector space for LOCKOUT MA does not get deleted, and thus the attribute in the metaverse still indicates that the employee is Inactive.  I was under the impression that when I do a full import/ full sync on a MA, that if the entry no longer exists it will be removed from the connector space, but that isn't happening.

What do I need to do to ensure that the entry gets removed from the CS if it no longer appears in the data source for the LOCKOUT MA?
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:41 PM

All replies