none
Unable to get Task Sequence Prompt in WinPE, then it restarts RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently built a deployment server.

When i pxe, i'm able to get the Boot .wim file fine but when i load into MDT, to select the task sequence, i'm presented with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit inital splash Screen for about 10-15 seconds, then the system restarts. I can move the cursor and it appears that it is trying to load something, because there is an hour glass symbol.

through troubleshooting, i've made sure the HDD, folder and Share that the Deploymentshare$ is sitting on, has "Everyone" with full control. I've tried many different Rules and Bootstrap settings and none seem to change anything.

Not sure what i'm missing.

• Edited by ccpsict Monday, May 28, 2018 9:56 PM added picture
    Monday, May 28, 2018 4:51 AM

Answers

• I've seen this a few times in testing with the new MDT boot images based on 1803.  If you erase the hard drive it seems to boot properly.  I don't know much more than that about the issue yet.
    • Marked as answer by ccpsict Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:46 AM

All replies

• Could you post your Bootstrap.ini and your CustomSettings.ini here? I remember seeing something like that when I tried deploying an x86 OS using anx64 boot image, but I am assuming this is not the case here?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:29 AM
  • If you are having issues getting logs, press F8 while the splash screen is up. Once the cmd window is active, WinPE should not reboot. You can then go get the logs Anton is requesting. LawsonT
    • Edited by LawsonT Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:08 PM I like to spell other users names correctly. :)
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 11:32 AM
  • I've seen this a few times in testing with the new MDT boot images based on 1803.  If you erase the hard drive it seems to boot properly.  I don't know much more than that about the issue yet.
    • Marked as answer by ccpsict Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:46 AM
    This resolved the issue for me. not sure what had been done to the 2 devices i had for testing that caused this to happen but simply using a bootable USB and wiping the drive resolved the issue on both devices. 
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:59 AM