none
Windows Authenticator App - Enable Phone Sign-in results to ADFS login loop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We have our work account Federated with Azure AD properly. ADFAS Server & On-Premises MFA sever works fine. (2012 R2 Servers)

Today I just found "enable phone sign-in" in Microsoft Authenticator App in my iOS device and interested to turn it on. However, the configuration process get looping infinity in ADFS page login <> MFA Auth.

Is there any configuration missing ?

Please advise 

PS. Tried Both Android / iOS 's Authenticator program. Both fail..  

• Edited by rol801 Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:13 AM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi rol801

What is the account type you use, Microsoft account or Azure AD account?

If possible, could you show me some screenshots that would help to explain what your issue is ?

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:16 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

The Account we are using is our corporate account(You can say it is Azure AD account)

Technically there's no error message. As you know, when sign in Microsoft Portal with Azure AD (Federated domain account). It will redirect to ADFS page. after provide user credentials, then perform MFA (As said we are using On-Premises MFA server in same ADFS machine. 

The fault is similar looping as follow

ADFS Login > MFA > ADFS login > MFA

As you see below.. the sequence like that . (no problem for photos attached sequence)

• Edited by rol801 Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:01 AM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:48 AM
  • Hi

The feature Sign in with phone is available on iOS and Android devices, and works with personal Microsoft accounts. As far as I know, currently, it does not support Azure AD accounts.

Please refer to following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/multi-factor-authentication/end-user/microsoft-authenticator-app-phone-signin-faq

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by rol801 Friday, September 1, 2017 10:13 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Thanks then. quite disappointed about this.
    Friday, September 1, 2017 10:13 AM