none
UAG TMG recognizing UAG DA NAT64 as external address? RRS feed

• Question

• The UAG TMG Logs&Reports indicates that the connection between my DA client (external) ICMPv6 Echo is blocked from contacting resource that uses an IPv4 NAT64 address (external).

My issue is I do not know why TMG believes the NAT64 address is external when other NAT64 addersses on other subnets works just fine.

Result code 0xc0040012 fwx_e_network_rules_denied ?
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• TMG was reporting traffice from DA client (IPHTTPS IPv6 address, external) was being blocked from accessing the internal resource (NAT64 IPv6 address, external).

The solution, was to ignore the problem and to increment my desktops static IP by 1 so it was again recognized as an internal address.
    • Marked as answer by Cheshire43 Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:17 PM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:32 PM

All replies

• Is that actually the case or is TMG just reporting that and NAT64 access to IPv4 only resources is OK?

Thanks!

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:38 AM
  • TMG was reporting traffice from DA client (IPHTTPS IPv6 address, external) was being blocked from accessing the internal resource (NAT64 IPv6 address, external).

The solution, was to ignore the problem and to increment my desktops static IP by 1 so it was again recognized as an internal address.
    • Marked as answer by Cheshire43 Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:17 PM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:32 PM
  • OK, got it.

Thanks!

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Friday, July 30, 2010 1:00 PM