Exchange attribute on users account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

we have running windows 2003 and 2008 domain environment.. i just migrated from exchange server 2003 to exchange server 2007 sp3 its working fine..mailflows are working fine .i have check on both domain controller also run dsa.msc command on exchange server the exchange attributes on users properties couldnot  display on ADUC ..can any budy help me out please

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Answers

• You cannot administer exchange attributes with ADUC anymore.  There are no ADUC extensions for Exchange 2007/2010.

You need to manage Exchange users thru the Exchange console

• Proposed as answer by Jamestechman Friday, February 18, 2011 6:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Serena Li Friday, February 25, 2011 6:57 AM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 1:18 PM
  • In Exchange EMC, right click the user and disable or use disable-mailbox jdoe.

Use the Disable-Mailbox cmdlet to disable the mailbox of an existing user or InetOrgPerson and remove that object's Exchange attributes from the Active Directory directory service. The user account associated with the mailbox will remain in Active Directory but will no longer be associated with a mailbox.

Disable-Mailbox

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997210(EXCHG.80).aspx

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jamestechman Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:15 AM
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:15 AM

All replies

• You cannot administer exchange attributes with ADUC anymore.  There are no ADUC extensions for Exchange 2007/2010.

You need to manage Exchange users thru the Exchange console

• Proposed as answer by Jamestechman Friday, February 18, 2011 6:11 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

i want to only remove the mailbox of user account without deleting the user account associate with it ..how to do that ..?any idea

Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:18 AM
  • In Exchange EMC, right click the user and disable or use disable-mailbox jdoe.

Use the Disable-Mailbox cmdlet to disable the mailbox of an existing user or InetOrgPerson and remove that object's Exchange attributes from the Active Directory directory service. The user account associated with the mailbox will remain in Active Directory but will no longer be associated with a mailbox.

Disable-Mailbox

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997210(EXCHG.80).aspx

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Proposed as answer by Jamestechman Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:15 AM
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:15 AM