none
Find image in an image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Today I can use powershell with command below to compare images, but I need to search the image inside another image:

Compare-Object -ReferenceObject $ (Get-Content $ FotoA) -DifferenceObject $ (Get-Content $ FotoB)

Basically I will have a photo matrix, and I will take a print application and look for the matrix.
    Friday, October 25, 2019 6:35 PM

All replies

• There are applications that can do this. They are mostly forensic image analyzers and not available at consumer process. This should tell you that what you are asking is beyond the scope of administrative scripting.

There are also MPEG advanced editing packages that can do this.

PowerShell cannot do this in any simple way and we cannot help you understand why.  You will have to learn more about image analysis systems to understand the scope of what you are asking.

I can propose one question that you will need to answer first.  What do you mean by comparing an image?  Remember that comparing two images from two sources cannot be done the way you are trying to do it.  They will never compare.  Even two sequential  images from the same source will never compare using direct comparison methods. 

You first need to learn what an image is and why images cannot be compared using direct methods.  Look up and study "image analysis" to learn more.

I can also suggest that giving a clear statement of purpose would help you to move forwards.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Friday, October 25, 2019 6:53 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 6:52 PM

• There are applications that can do this. They are mostly forensic image analyzers and not available at consumer process. This should tell you that what you are asking is beyond the scope of administrative scripting.

There are also MPEG advanced editing packages that can do this.

PowerShell cannot do this in any simple way and we cannot help you understand why.  You will have to learn more about image analysis systems to understand the scope of what you are asking.

I can propose one question that you will need to answer first.  What do you mean by comparing an image?  Remember that comparing two images from two sources cannot be done the way you are trying to do it.  They will never compare.  Even two sequential  images from the same source will never compare using direct comparison methods. 

You first need to learn what an image is and why images cannot be compared using direct methods.  Look up and study "image analysis" to learn more.

I can also suggest that giving a clear statement of purpose would help you to move forwards.

\_(ツ)_/

Thanks for the answer.
    Then I take a print of the screen and cut out part of it, again, cut and compare, being the same, performing one action, being different, performing another action.

This action, today, is working, but I would like to speed up the process, avoiding having to cut part of the print.

• Edited by FalHeppys Friday, October 25, 2019 7:35 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 7:34 PM
  • Even copying and comparing will not give you what you ask. You cannot compare screen clips. No two screen clips will ever compare. You cannot compare binary file with any normal file compare utility. File comp[are utilities compare text files and not binary files.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:53 PM
  • Today already works, comparing the images / prints, however, I need to crop.

That is, I want, for example:
    take a print of my desktop and locate the icon of my computer, I do not want to search by name but by image.

Today I take the print only from my computer, where it is and compare, it already works.

Understood?

Saturday, October 26, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Sorry but we cannot write a custom solution for you. It is beyond the purpose and scope of this forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:51 PM