none
FIM Change Mode Install Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed the FIM portal in a distributed architecture as shown below:

Server-fimsync (sync service + DB)
    Server-simSql01 (fim service DB)
    Server-portal (fim service)

I now need to install the SSPR server. If I need to run a change mode install to associate the FIM SSPR app pool account with my FIM service server, can I just run a change mode install on server-fimportal? I have around 50 users actively using the FIM service and was just wondering the best way to deal with a change mode? Should I disable IIS and thus completely take the service offline whilst I do the change mode install?

As all of the servers are virtual machines, I'll be relying on snapshots so that I can revert all 3 machines at once if needed.

Thanks

Monday, April 21, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow below Steps:

As you have already installed FIM Service and Portal on one server:

1) If you want to install FIM SSPR on same server as Server-portal then you just go and run FIM Service & Portal setup and now click "Change and keep All needed features check".

2) If you want to install FIM SSPR portal on different server then you need not to worry about anything. Just go and run setup. This time just deselect all already installed features.

If My Answer helps you do not forget to check helpful post and If answers your question do not forget to "Mark it as an Answer" Thanks~ Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Monday, April 21, 2014 7:05 PM
  • Hi Girira,

I want to install the SSPR on another server - the change mode install came about because I'm not 100% certain of the SSPR account information I entered when I installed the FIM service.

If i revert my FIM service + DB, FIM sync server + DB back to snapshots can you see any issues with this?

sync server + DB back to snapshots can you see any issues with this?

Thx

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

As per my understanding you need not to worry about the account you used for FIM service installation. For SSPR installation you can use a different service Account i.e. FIMpwd.

If My Answer helps you do not forget to check helpful post and If answers your question do not forget to "Mark it as an Answer" Thanks~ Giriraj Singh Bhamu

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:16 PM