none
Impact analysis after date changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there any software of any way using project to easily reflect the impact any date changes have made to the overall schedule.  Is there only the variance to baseline and baseline gantt.

Thanks

Sean

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Sean,

As you said, Project provides several ways to reflect impacts, such as the Baseline. But also you have the compare feature for seeing changes between 2 projects. Note also that any changes in the project plan are highlighted in blue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by SeanPears999 Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:48 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:00 AM
  • You need an update process here.

I reserve one baseline for updates. I reset it every week before updating, set the status date then save as a new copy of the file.

Now I do the updates and can see exactly what has changed since last week using the tracking Gantt Chart showing the baseline I use (Format, baseline to select the baseline to display).

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

As you said, Project provides several ways to reflect impacts, such as the Baseline. But also you have the compare feature for seeing changes between 2 projects. Note also that any changes in the project plan are highlighted in blue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:00 AM
  • You need an update process here.

I reserve one baseline for updates. I reset it every week before updating, set the status date then save as a new copy of the file.

Now I do the updates and can see exactly what has changed since last week using the tracking Gantt Chart showing the baseline I use (Format, baseline to select the baseline to display).

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:04 AM