none
DPM 2010 End User Recover for Multi-Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me to figure out how to configure/install/plan dpm 2010 to backup a multi-domain forest with file servers in different domain and end user recovery enabled for each one.

Example: Today we have a multi-domain forest with only one dpm per site. Domain: Example.com, DPM Server = backup.example.com, ProtectedFileServer = fs.example.com

As you can see, dpm and fs are in the same domain.

Now we have different domains (example2.com and example3.com) that also have file servers. I know I can use the same box (dpm server backup.example.com) to backup those file servers (actually, I already to that). But I am having difficult to understand how can I enable end user recovery for 03 different domains at the same dpm servers.

Does anybody know how to configure it or even if this configuration is supported?

Kind Regards

Bruno Bertechini

----- Bruno Bertechini CIO Acensco Tecnologia
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please review this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmfilebackup/thread/884e594b-839c-4c8f-831b-5b616e87b65e

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. That thread only talk about user machine and file server being in the same domain in order to EUR to work.

In my case, they do are in the same domain (user machine and file server). The only issue is: I have only one DPM Server to protect 03 different file servers (each one from a different domain).

Lets say:

domainA.com has a ClientA.com -- user and file server same domain

domainB.com has a ClientB.com -- user and file server same domain

domainC.com has a ClientC.com -- user and file server same domain

I have only one DPM Server protecting all three file servers (domainA, domainB and domainC).

i intend to make it work each domain with its own file server but protected by the same dpm box.

how can I do that? Is it supported?

Bruno

----- Bruno Bertechini CIO Acensco Tecnologia
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:32 PM