Documents uploading as checked out documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a SharePoint document library sitting within a team site in Office 365/SharePoint 2013 online, I have found that users uploading documents offline into a synced file and then syncing when online see that the files are checked automatically and that they have been uploaded to the Document Library as Checked Out documents - this is because the documents have a required metadata field, the user has to go through two steps to make the documents visible to everyone, that is fill in the required metadata and check the document in.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way around this manual check in/metadata fill in? so that the douments would automatically appear checked in?

Regards

kegan1

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:30 AM

All replies

• There is no such option that files would get checked in automatically. Since you have required fields and since you are using check-in and check out feature for documents It is not possible.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:19 PM
  • Also go to library settings>versioning settings and enable force check out for documents so when user saves the documents and clicks on cancel then it gives up a pop up window for check in.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:40 PM