none
Add-ons and multiple subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Let's say we have 20 actual users:

10 with O365 Business Premium
    10 with O365 Business Essentials
    All 20 with Exchange Online Plan 1 for additional mailbox (for a different email domain)

Now say we want to add EMS E3 for all mailboxes. Would we need 40... to cover both the 20 O365 subscriptions and the 20 Exchange Online Plan 1 subscriptions? Or would it just be 20 to cover an actual physical user, irrespective of the number of other subscriptions (mailboxes) they have?

Thanks

PS: I know we can switch the Business Premium ones to MS 365 which includes EMS for a little bit cheaper.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:31 AM

All replies

• 20 would be fine just to cover the actual users, but if all the users need other benefits of e3 then you need 40
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:44 AM
  • Thanks. That's a little confusing though :)

Is there an easier, converged way of doing what we need?

We don't need everyone to have Office desktop / mobile
    We need all mailboxes to be covered by EMS
    We need to devices to be covered by EMS

Our actual numbers are:

14 with O365 Business Premium
    21 with O365 Business Essentials (basically email + Skype and OneDrive)
    65 with Exchange Online Plan 1

And for example I currently consume 1 Business Premium sub + 1 Exchange Online Plan 1 sub. Do I therefore need:

2 EMS E3 subs to cover both the Business Premium sub and Exchange Online Plan 1 sub
    1 MS365 sub to combine Business Premium and EMS, plus 1 EMS sub to cover the Exchange Online Plan 1 sub
    1 MS365 sub to combine Business Premium and EMS, and to also include cover for the Exchange Online Plan 1 sub

?

Thanks again!

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:56 AM