Filter PPS Dasboard Designer cannot retrieved data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have problem to create filter on monitoring dashboard designer.i have install SP3 and the new hot fix on Jun 2009
    i have 4 server : OLAP Database Server, Proclarity Server, PPS Monitoring Server, and Sharepoint Server.
    with using kerberos security.

before implemented kerberos i can create dashboard filter on dashboard designer normally,
    after kerberos implemented, dashboard filter show error message cannot retrieved data if all member in dimension checked, but if i check only less then 5 member dashboard filter success to created. if i check 6 member on dimension the error message is same

The Error is

No filter data retrieved

Warning 1: Filter was created but no data was retrieved. To resolve the problme, follow the step(s) below. 1. Verify that the data      source for this filter is configured properly. 

2. Check the server event log. Additional information about this problem may have been recorded.

i have followed this link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1579591/performancepoint-dashboard-designer-error-when-creating-a-filter-no-filter-data

what the problem is,
    please help

Thanks
    Yudhi
    • Edited by Yudhi H Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:00 AM changed
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:45 AM

Answers

• If you installed SP3 for PPS then you don't need to install any additional hotfixes for PPS because they are cummulative.  Maybe you are referring to some other type of hotfix.  Is the Build number displayed in Dashboard Designer 3.0.4417.00?

What OS are you running?  This doesn't sound like the Kerberos bug issue with Windows Server 2008, but just want to check - Windows Server 2008 Kerberos Bug – Transport Connection Issues with SSAS data.  Not sure if you are running this OS and if so if you are up-to-date on your patches.

Have you tried to run a Profiler Trace on the SSAS instance to see what is going on when you are creating the filter?  Are they are additional details in the Application Event log on the PPS server that you can provide?

Assuming you followed all of the steps to properly setup Kerberos in the environment - Video demo: Configuring Kerberos delegation for Monitoring Server
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Yudhi H Monday, March 1, 2010 7:20 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 1:12 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Yes my OS using Windows Server 2008 for my Database server, proclarity Server and PPS Server, and i have install hotfix Windows6.0-KB969083-v2-x86. i have success after i reboot all server... He..he...

Thanks

Yudhi
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:20 AM

All replies

• If you installed SP3 for PPS then you don't need to install any additional hotfixes for PPS because they are cummulative.  Maybe you are referring to some other type of hotfix.  Is the Build number displayed in Dashboard Designer 3.0.4417.00?

What OS are you running?  This doesn't sound like the Kerberos bug issue with Windows Server 2008, but just want to check - Windows Server 2008 Kerberos Bug – Transport Connection Issues with SSAS data.  Not sure if you are running this OS and if so if you are up-to-date on your patches.

Have you tried to run a Profiler Trace on the SSAS instance to see what is going on when you are creating the filter?  Are they are additional details in the Application Event log on the PPS server that you can provide?

Assuming you followed all of the steps to properly setup Kerberos in the environment - Video demo: Configuring Kerberos delegation for Monitoring Server
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, February 19, 2010 1:12 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Yes my OS using Windows Server 2008 for my Database server, proclarity Server and PPS Server, and i have install hotfix Windows6.0-KB969083-v2-x86. i have success after i reboot all server... He..he...

Thanks

Yudhi
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:20 AM