Intermittent prompting for credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Computing environment is IE7, SharePoint 2007, MS Outlook 2007, and Windows XP SP3.

The issue is that rarely, but on occasion across multiple users on different PCs, the following occurs: 

• If Microsoft Outlook is open, upon going to an internal SharePonit site the user gets prompted credentials, which are never accepted. 
    • If Outlook is closed along with the browser, and then the browser is re-started and the same site is accessed again, access is automatic (no prompting for credentials).

Anyone else seen this and have a fix?  Thanks.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:45 PM

All replies

• Add the site in trusted sites under Internet Options > Security

Check log in settings for IE7 from Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Authentication - Automatic login with current username and password

Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Thanks Pratik.  This is going to be a tough one to test since I can't control the trusted sites list, but when and if I can make that change I'll report back.

Moderator Note: Based on this, I'll unmark the previous post. Be sure to (re-)mark that post as the answer if it does in fact work for you.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:54 PM Moderator Note added
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:11 PM