Compatible Routers with LYNC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need some help with LYNC 

My calls and conference with Lync are dropping in 100% of the cases just before reaching 5 minutes. Internet conection stays ok.

This happens only when working from home where I access using a NETGEAR WNDR3000 WI FI ROUTER.  I have tried a number of changes on router configuration following the neatgear support guidance with out result, including conecting the laptop by wire to the router

The problem does not shows when using the LAN or wi-fi networks at work  or even using a very cheap old fashion LYNKSYS wi-fi router, just with the Netgear device.

Please let me know is ther is an specific parameter i have to change to the router. Also would like to know if ther is a specific list of LYNC COMPATIBLE ROUTERS in case i need to change my hardware

Thank you very much in advance 

Salim 

Monday, June 4, 2012 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,Salim,

Unfortunately,there is no such a list about Lync compatible routers.As I know,Lync use the standard RFC document and it use standard SIP protocol,just make sure there is no problem for the router to handle SIP message.

I am not familar with NeatGear router,however I have done some research on the internet and found that SIP ALG and SPI setting in NeatGear Router have something to do with the incoming call problem,you may have a check on these options.Also please make sure the firmware of the router is updated to the latest one.

Another tip you can turn on logging on Lync client and Lync server(select S4,SipStack,MediationServer and Conference related option) then reproduce the issue and use snooper to analyze the log to get more specific information for troubelshooting.And the wireshark or NetMon would be helpful too.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, June 29, 2012 9:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:53 AM