SCCM / RIS Dilemma???? Help!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have SCCM setup and working in my test environment which I wanted to move into the live environment so that I can begin building images and hence replace RIS.

Our network is split into two segments, the 172.28 network and a 10.20 network

This RIS server is on the 172 network and the clients are on 10 network. For RIS to work DHCP scope options were set up and all is well.

In the early times of getting sccm to work I ran into numberous problems not being able to get it to PXE boot etc, which was down to the VLANS and not being on the same subnet, therefore the company that looks after our extreme switches put some routes on the cores to enable them to be aware of my sccm server which also happen to be on a 172 network.

however by setting this,  it always defaulted to going to sccm and ignored RIS on both parts of the network even though we had set it not to. They are currently thinking if anything can be done, however in the mean time I am trying to get it to work.

My question is, has anyone got sccm to work with scope option, I ended up not using them as the routes added told it what to do however when I do set DHCP scope options on the VLAN I either get a :

wdsnbp downloaded

then a abortpxe error

or I get to Windows Boot Manager and :

windows failed to start

File \boot\bcd

has anyone got this working with the scope options, i know everywhere says not to use them MS does not support etc etc, however I am now at the mercy of the company who support the switches as to if they can do anything?

Any help would be apprecaited
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:33 PM

Answers

• I have now resovlved this

Eventually it excepted dhcp options but use these only if your desperate
    • Marked as answer by Lee Martin Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:43 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:43 PM