All Programs Menu - not empty but many programs missing, please help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Issue is All Programs is missing most of the programs but not empty like what I saw in other forums. The problem occurred after installing a software - TeamBoard.exe and we restarted the laptop.

I tried running sfc /scannow command, restarted explorer.exe,

Went to C:\Users\mobin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and found no programs there, checked C:\Users\admin..\Programs and still the same. Found Documents and Settings hidden but cannot unhide as it is junction not a folder. I tried most of the troubleshoot mentioned in all forums but their cases (All Programs is empty) are different from mine.

i am using win 7 64 bit.

See the image below:

The drawsrv file you can see under StartUp is related to that new software we installed.I reckon I lost everything and there is no way to bring them back. I talked to the software support and was advised they havent heard this issue so far but 3 users are already affected after installing and rebooting.

Please help....

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Mobs123,

Uninstall that software to check if it works.

If not, do you have a restore point? Perform a system restore to the time point when you didn't install that software.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 21, 2011 8:15 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:28 AM

All replies

• Did you check the windows 7 All users start menu  equivalent?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

h2h

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Sir, I Suggest you to Scan your Computer first with [ Microsoft Security Essentials ] , and check your startup by [ Start -> Run... -> Msconfig ] , and in this path make sure Folders are not Hidden ( C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs ).

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:55 PM
  • Hi

I scanned with Microsoft Essentials and results were good.I checked msconfig and cud not find any services related to startmenu being disabled.And there are no folders at all in Programs as i checked unhide option:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:44 PM
  • Hi Mobs123,

Uninstall that software to check if it works.

If not, do you have a restore point? Perform a system restore to the time point when you didn't install that software.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 21, 2011 8:15 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Sometimes it occurs when we hide the folder "programme data" in c drive..dont do that.it will also hide the all programe of start menu.if it is hidden,unhide the folder & ur problem will be solved.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:25 PM