none
Does an event for "AssignmentChanged" exist? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The events ProjectBeforeAssignmentChange ann ProjectBeforeAssignmentChange 2 are fired before a task is changed.

Is there a way to react on an event fired just after the assignment has been changed.

Regards,

Roberto

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:17 PM

All replies

• Roberto,

There is no "task changed" event. I'm not quite sure what you are looking for but even though the two events say "before", they effectively trigger when the item changes. The change can be aborted with the EvenInfo argument of the ProjectBeforeTaskChange2 Event, but otherwise the change will occur.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:15 PM
  • Hi John,

I have just change the title of the question.

Basically I need to get an event any time the assignment work hours are changed but I am facing the following issue so I thought that having an event fired after assignments are changed would help me solve the following issue.

If the work hours for a task are modified, only the events ProjectBeforeTaskChange and ProjectBeforeTaskChange2 are fired, but neither ProjectBeforeAssignmentChange or ProjectBeforeAssignmentChange2 is fired even though the assignment work hours are modified as consequence of the change in the work for the task.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:59 AM
  • You can test for changes in duration in the ProjectBeforeTaskChange event. At that point you should be able to compute what effect the duration change would have on the assignments for the task. What do you want to do in the assignment change event?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

Let's suppose that a task has two assignment "a1" and "a2", how can I compute the effect that changing the task work time has on each assignment?

In the "AssignemntChangedEvent" I want to change the work time for an assignment in another task based on the the new work time for the changed assignment.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:49 AM