none
Exchange 2016 room mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In exchange 2016, if i have two room that can be book by users, does this mean i need to create two mailbox for two meeting room? if i created two mailbox for the two facility room, does this means it count as two license? 

Is there a way to configure both room to use the same email address?

Thanks.

• Edited by min777 Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:30 AM
    Friday, June 7, 2019 6:37 PM

All replies

• >>does this means it count as two license?

You can use them without assign CAL for those two room mailbox.

>>Is there a way to configure both room to use the same email address?

It is impossible that two mailbox use same email address in the same organization. You should create two special room mailboxes for those two facility rooms.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 10, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

May i know what's the recommendation for room mailbox configuration?

I created one room mailbox in my environment, but it is showing no connection when i open the mailbox through outloook 2010.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi expert,

With exchange 2016 standard edition license, how can i create team calendar for my department?

example, IT dept can have view on each others calendar? may i know what is the best practices for team calendar?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:58 AM
  • The usual recommendation is to create a Public Folder calendar, or a shared mailbox calendar, depending on what the preference is in your organization. Here are some links to get you started: https://www.quadrotech-it.com/blog/create-a-company-shared-calendar-in-office-365/
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

May i know what's the recommendation for room mailbox configuration?

I created one room mailbox in my environment, but it is showing no connection when i open the mailbox through outloook 2010.

Please advise.

Thanks.

>>but it is showing no connection when i open the mailbox through outloook 2010

Could you provide more information or screenshots about how do you check it from Outlook?

After creating room mailbox, it will could be used by other mailboxes without other configuration.

If you want to open and check detail information a in a room mailbox, you should give this room mailbox's full access permission to the account that you used to check.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean a team Calendars like this one below?

If so, you just need set a "Manager" attribute for those mailboxes, then mailboxes which has the same manager will be showed in the same Team Calendars:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

Does this method allow everyone in the department to view each other calendar?

example;

Manager can view staff A, B & C calendar with this configuration, but can staff A, B & C view manager calendar?

i. we need a email calendar that are shared with one department, if i send email invitation to other users, will it reflect in the shared calendar?

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Edited by min777 Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:08 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Yes, all members could see "free/busy" each other.

Team Calendars just put people in a team, Ii will not change the calendar's permission.

>>we need a email calendar that are shared with one department, if i send email invitation to other users, will it reflect in the shared calendar?

In this scene, you should create a shared mailbox, then give the shared mailbox calendar's full access permission to other users who want manage it.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

I tried create a calendar group as recommended using outlook 2010, added my team mates into the calendar group, but all of the calendar shows no connection. 

If I login browser and check my calendar, I can see their calendar just fine. 

Update: after I added calendar permission to reviewer, the no connection error disappear and I can view the others team mates calendar. Is there any way I can set others to view calendar with free/busy info only?

Please do advise.

Thanks.

• Edited by min777 Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:33 AM
    Friday, June 21, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Hi expert,

Need advise for my exchange 2016 setup:-

The team calendar - I create a calendar group in outlook and add my team mates into the group, however each of the team mates calendar shows no connection. Tried to test the email configuration by right click the outlook icon, here's the error message:-

autodiscover to https://exchg01.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting GetLastError=0; httpStatus=502

Autodiscover request completed with http status code 502

Autodiscover to https://exchg01.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml failed (0x80004005)

Local autodiscover for contonso.com starting

Local autodiscover for contonso.com failed (0x8004010F)

Redirect check to http://autodiscover.ism.net.my/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml starting

svr record lookup for http://autodiscover.contonso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml failed (0x8004005)

srv record lookup for contonso.com starting

srv record lookup for contonso.com Failed (0x8004010F)

any advise? thanks.

Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:07 AM
  • Add user into a team will not change their calendar folder permission. It just put all people into a group. This phenomenon is caused by that they or administrator modify their Default folder permission before. I would suggest you check Default calendar folder permission for them.

They should give calendar folder permission to each other.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi Kyle, may i know where to check the default calendar folder permission mentioned?

i. there's calendar permission and calendar properties, is both of this option referring to the same features?

ii. Refer my configuration, any advise? fyi, both test account are having no connection error, it only disappear if i set the calendar permission to reviewer. Thanks.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:38 AM
  • After giving User A calendar permission to another mailbox, please try to reopen User A's calendar from other user's mailbox again.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

Yes i tried and it is still showing no connection unless  i change the permission level for both to reviewer.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:45 PM
  • hi kyle,

after i created the room mailbox, when i open the room mailbox through my outlook calendar, it is showing no connection as well. is there any configuration i need to change?

the no connection error will only resolve if i give fully delegate permission for the user. but i just want to give other user add/view permission, how can i configure that? 

Thanks.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:40 PM
  • >>open the room mailbox 

How do you open and check room mailbox after creating it?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

From outlook, select calendar, select open calendar > from room list > select the room mailbox i created previously.

The weird thing now is meeting room A is showing no connection and meeting room B doesn't have no connection issue.

Any idea?

Thanks.

• Edited by min777 Saturday, July 13, 2019 1:12 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:33 AM