none
Stuck on package download RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

During OSD, as it moves through the task sequence the package download sometimes get stuck, and it will not continue no matter how long i wait. It always happens on downloading content, not connected to any particular package. So far ive seen it happen to pretty much any package involved in the TS (drivers, client, applications etc). Its not stuck at 0%, it always starts and then hangs at a random %.

I have tried several different models, it does not seem to matter. Checked the smsts.log file but cant see any errors or indications as to why its doing this. Also checked that no traffic is blocked in firewalls. The fact that it sometimes completes without this happening should indicate there is no firewall issues (i can start TS and it gets stuck, then restart it and it completes with no issues on the same machine).

What i am wondering is if there is any other log files i should check, or settings that could cause this?

I am fairly new to sccm, so im having some trouble figuring this issue out.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Haku5,

Thanks for your hard work. The error 80072ee2  means "The operation timed out". So we can try the following actions:

1. Create two Tasksequence Variables right at the top of your Tasksequence:
    SMSTSDownloadRetryCount with Value 5
    and
    SMSTSDownloadRetryDelay with Value 15

2. Also set the variable SMSTSMPListRequestTimeout with value 300.

3. Redistributing the packages.

If the issue is fixed by the answer you found in the thread, please keep us on posted. If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let us know. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Haku5 Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:37 AM

All replies

• hi, 

is hard to see a error without the log

first i would say

is the Content of the Task sequence for all object by 100%

could you please attach the smstslog 

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue

N 48° 8' 39.8419" E 11° 36' 1.3359"

Klaus

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:05 PM
  • Can you share you smsts.log?
    Try looking into your DataTransferService.log for more clues

Do any of your packages have updated files which need to be redistributed at all?

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:58 PM
  • I may have finally found it, as i realized the smsts.log file exist on different locations during the TS. When i checked the other location smsts.log it contained an error:

Download() failed. 80072ee2.    OSDDriverClient    12.02.2019 10:54:44    660 (0x0294)

I found this thread searching the error code, and will try the answer marked as solution there.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54458340-e50d-4144-af0d-33c768861e97/osd-ts-fails-during-package-download-sendwinhttprequest-failed-80072ee2?forum=configmanagerosd

Thanks for answers anyway :)

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:05 PM
  • Hi Haku5,

Thanks for your hard work. The error 80072ee2  means "The operation timed out". So we can try the following actions:

1. Create two Tasksequence Variables right at the top of your Tasksequence:
    SMSTSDownloadRetryCount with Value 5
    and
    SMSTSDownloadRetryDelay with Value 15

2. Also set the variable SMSTSMPListRequestTimeout with value 300.

3. Redistributing the packages.

If the issue is fixed by the answer you found in the thread, please keep us on posted. If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let us know. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Haku5 Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:37 AM
  • This is the same change i did, as it was also stated in the other post. So far it seems to be working. Thanks.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi Haku5,

Glad to hear it. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
    Simon

Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:11 AM